We had dinner at our friend Bryndi's house which was great. We got to spend time with her and with Maria and Ben (Maria and Bryndi and I served in the Relief Society presidency together in our singles ward). We love spending time with them and it was great to have just good conversation with good people.
At the beginning of the month we went to the cabin with Katie and Brad up in Wyoming. We love it there and it was fun to spend time with them as well and get out of Orem. We also got to see the only football game that BYU has won while we were up there.
Today Jared brought me home flowers (and reese's cups) which was awesome. The camera took pictures in sepia for some reason but I thought they turned out cool so I just left it that way. I must say it was a great surprise. I've been home all week not allowed to do much so I've felt a bit down and bored lately, and the flowers just made my day. What a good husband.

Last weekend was great. We love general conference and heard lots of good talks from the brethren. During Priesthood session I got to spend time with Jared's sister and mom which was really fun too. Sherrie took us to a Philly Cheesesteak place she's been wanting to try and it was delicious. I'm just saying, if someone wants to bring me some delicious food after I have the baby while I'm in the hospital, I won't mind if they bring me one of those sandwiches ;)
Between sessions on Saturday and after the second session Sunday we got to take field trips to the hospital which added to the fun of our weekend as well. I have been coming home with swollen feet lately, which is normal, but Friday I woke up with swollen feet and they didn't get any better by Saturday. I also woke up Saturday with a wicked headache so I called the after-hours line for our doctor's office and the doctor told me to go in to get checked out. Turns out my blood platelet level is low or something and so I was told to stay home until my doctor's appointment on Tuesday and take it easy. Tuesday the doctor told us that he didn't want to risk the platelet level getting any lower because that will cause a lot of complications and since I will be at 38 weeks and 1 day on Friday if Lucy hasn't come before then (like, tomorrow) then he'll induce me on Friday.
So looks like we will have a baby sooner than we expected! We figured she would come early - I'm convinced she is trying to escape for how much she moves around in there - so this wasn't a HUGE surprise but I must admit staying home all week is really quite boring. I am finding things to do with my time but I do get some pretty uncomfortable headaches and I'm really tired most of the time so I just get what homework done that I can and then take lots of naps. Good thing Katie and Brad set us up with a free month of Netflix :)
Anyways, that's our exciting news. We are looking forward to having Johanna come visit next week to help out with the baby, seeing mom and dad at the beginning of November, and of course having a little baby in our home! It is really an amazing thing to think that Heavenly Father trusts us with one of His children and allows them to come into our lives and bless us. We really have felt like this whole experience has been a blessing and we can't wait to finally get to see what little Lucy Ruth looks like.
It's amazing how much love you can feel for someone you haven't met yet. I know that there is a God, and I honestly don't know how anyone who experiences what we have these last 9 months could ever doubt it. Just the whole concept of our bodies being able to create a perfectly functioning body inside of us that knows how to breath and eat and sleep and cry and do all kinds of things as soon as they are born is incomprehensible to me. What a miracle. I have a feeling when we actually get to see and hold this little girl, those feelings will only be magnified. What a blessing it is to be able to start a family together and know that because we made promises in the temple that we will be together forever. THAT is amazing.
No comments:
Post a Comment