I can't believe the last time I updated this thing was in November! What a mess. Well, I guess I'll give a quick overview of the past and then post something more exciting about this summer. Let's see . . . in October Lucy had her first birthday which was fun and we moved into a new apartment that we REALLY liked. It was so wonderful and it had a bathtub! I never knew how important those were til we had a baby. Who knew?
![]() |
| Lucy and her "cousin" James (he's Jared's cousin's son, that's a cousin, right?) |
In December my dad came to visit which is always nice (I think it was december . . . ) and then we left Christmas day to go spend the rest of our break in Texas with my sisters and their families and my mom and dad. It was really fun to be down there and super nice to be warm for a week. We also got to visit with Jared's brother, Spencer, which is always pleasant. He is always fun to catch up with and I love watching him and Jared joke around with each other.
| our first christmas tree! (utah) |
January was obviously the start of a new semester and since the class I was teaching was cancelled due to budget issues I went back to interpreting at BYU and in the community as well. I have to admit, as much as I loved teaching, I LOVE interpreting college classes so it was an enjoyable change. Jared starting working at Target early in the mornings over Christmas and has enjoyed that as well (minus the waking up super early part, I'm sure). At the end of the month we felt like we should move in with his parents to save some extra money for the summer so we said goodbye to our great ward and great apartment and moved up to American Fork. We actually really enjoyed living with Jared's parents so we are glad it all worked out so well. I always hear people say negative things about living with in-laws but I guess I'm lucky because we have no complaints. It was great!
![]() |
| Lucy at Aunt Cheryl's with some super cute glasses they have |
Once we survived finals and worked for a few weeks we packed up and moved to Pennsylvania so Lucy and I could live with my parents. Lucy was so well-behaved while we drove for two days straight, I couldn't believe how well she did. It was a HUGE blessing. I was so scared she was just going to cry for two days straight stuck in a car but she actually was really mellow which was awesome.
We spent a week together relaxing and then drove Jared down to DC and moved him into his apartment. Lucy and I stayed for the weekend with him and we got to walk around a little bit with him and go to church with him on mother's day before we left. It was great to be in DC, I seriously LOVE going there, and it was fun to see my friend Patrese who lives there now. She is pretty much my favorite friend to visit with and I love when she comes to Utah so I'm glad we finally got to visit her in DC. We found out that there is a really inexpensive (and not shady) bus that Jared can take home every weekend to visit us which is awesome because there was no place for him to leave the car in the city, so we drove the car home and now he comes home every weekend to see us. I'm sure when the summer is over he will never want to see those busses again, but I am SO grateful he sticks it out each weekend and comes to see us!
Well, this is the boring blog post mostly for my benefit since I am a terrible journal writer and haven't written in months, but hopefully it isn't TOO boring :) I added some pictures for all you readers who really just want to see our cute kids :) The next post will be about the baby so that's more exciting!



No comments:
Post a Comment