September was a fun month. Jared has started coaching tennis for Carlynton High School, which he loves. Our schedule got a little more difficult to coordinate but we managed :)
We had the Stake softball tournament for church which was fun. Really only Jared played but we all watched for a bit and then headed over to the playground for a while. They had lunch for everyone as well and it was a lot of fun. Lucy made a new friend and learned how to climb a tree! I love seeing kids do something for the first time. She was so excited. Timmy wanted in on the fun, too, so he got to stand at the base of the tree with his new friends :)
Timmy, in an effort to do everything his sister does, has figured out how to take pictures with my phone. Here we are with Timmy's first selfie :)
Lucy got to go on a date with Grandpa Steve one Friday night to go watch her two cousins (Grace and Ellie) cheer at the Moon Football game. Ellie cheers for the JV team and Grace cheers for the little league (is that what they call it?) but for some reason that I can't remember they all got to cheer at this game (maybe it was homecoming?). She had a blast and it was so nice that she got to have a date night with grandpa steve.
Timmy got some new church clothes, and we all know how much I love how handsome he looks in dress clothes, so we took a picture.
This is the first year in a while that I didn't need to be in Salt Lake helping with the Women's Broadcast for church. I really loved being at the conference center helping out, but since I couldn't be there I decided to have a girls night for my mom and me and my sister and my nieces. There were some schedule conflicts so not everyone could come, but we still had lots of good food and lots of fun and got to watch the Women's Broadcast together. It was very uplifting and inspiring and it was nice to be with family for it. Lucy really wanted to come and I was worried she would get bored, but she made it half way through before she started asking to go home :) Next time if she comes we will make sure to have more coloring pages and crayons for her, but she did a lot better than I expected.
As you can see, we found a LOT of places with pony rides this year :) One of the Saturdays in September we went to Hartwood Acres Hay days. They had a bunch of fun kids stuff like crafts and bouncy slides and what not, and they had PONY RIDES! The kids loved it and it was a very sunny, beautiful day. We happened to run into the Tatlow family from church while we were there, too, which was a fun surprise!
We also went to the temple in Columbus, Ohio this month. It was great to be in the temple again after a long summer. It is about a 3 hour drive but the trip was easy, and we switched off with my parents so we could go together which was nice. They went to the temple first while we ate lunch and walked around, then we went to the temple and they just drove the kids home. It was so nice to be there and I am so grateful they are able to help out with the kids so we can go. Everything is just better when you go to the temple. It just gives you a renewed sense of purpose and really does give you strength to conquer whatever lies ahead. What a blessing to have so many temples that are easily accessible. We really are blessed.







No comments:
Post a Comment