Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Welcome Samuel Alvin Aitken to our family! (April 19, 2014)

Little Samuel Alvin Aitken joined our family on Saturday, April 19, 2014 at around 3:30 am. We put the kids to bed and watched some TV together (Jared and I) on Friday night. Probably around 10 pm I started to feel uncomfortable but it wasn't very painful or frequent yet so I just ignored it :) By midnight I had realized the contractions were closer together and consistent but still not very  painful so I let Jared go to bed and get some sleep, thinking it would be a long night for him. Probably around 2 am I realized that the pain was worse so I packed bags for me and Jared and the kids and then woke Jared up and told him to get everyone in the car. We dropped the kids off at Dwight at Sherrie's probably around 3 am and headed to the hospital (which is like 2 minutes away). We got to the hospital, I was at 9.5 cm, and the baby was born shortly thereafter :) They said next time come as soon as you feel anything, but to my credit, they say wait til the contractions are hard to walk through so I did!



My only worry about having the baby was that he was born just hours before we were supposed to go to the BYU Easter Egg hunt. Jared was a trooper and took Lucy and Timmy, and then Sherrie helped Lucy make Easter baskets for her, Timmy, and me, which she then brought to the hospital to share with me. It was the best Easter ever :)


We came home on Sunday to have Easter dinner at Dwight and Sherrie's. He is my first baby to actually use the binky from the hospital, although that was short lived. He doesn't use them at all now, and onyl really did for less than a month. We even tried other brands. He just doesn't like them. But that's okay with me. He doesn't cry a lot, and now I don't have to get rid of them one day! So welcome to our family Samuel. He is super cute, super healthy, and we all LOVE him.


No comments:

Post a Comment